Saturday, February 13, 2010

2nd WEIGHTLIFTING CYCLE
RISING FRESHMEN/SOPHOMORES






RISING SENIORS/JUNIORS
I want to make sure everyone understands these grades. They are very simple to calculate. I gave a grade for the second six week cycle at the front and then at the end I gave the final year average as I averaged the 1st six week cycle grade with the 2nd six week cycle grade. All I do is subtract points from 100 for a missed lift. At ELCA, we believe in being the best we possible can be and giving perfect effort. I can't let perfect effort come out of my mouth and not have a measuring tool to track perfect effort. I try to come up with every way possible to make kids want to give perfect effort. This is just another tool. Kids want to be at their best. I like to have concrete evidence to show them whether they are training to be their best. For those guys averaging around 100--win or lose, they know they have done everything in their power to be the best they can be.
I have not been keeping grades of the rising freshman to date except for the three that have been coming everyday. However, once we get back from Winter break I will keep track of their grades. Since this cylce was actually only 5 weeks, I took off 5 points for a missed lift. I gave anyone who came up to lift on Martin Luther Kind Day an extra three points.
As your kids get stronger, the importance of eating right becomes even more important. Below I have a simple plan to eat to gain muscle. I'm not looking for kids to get fat. I want them to put on muscle!

I don't necessarily believe that having a season where not losing a game is the goal. But I most certainly do believe in having a season (year) where training to not lose the game is the goal. In life we are going to lose but we only become losers once we have quit training for and expecting VICTORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment